Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Who will win the battle of the sexes?

Cloris Leachman is gone! Too bad, she was fun while she lasted. Hopefully, Lance will keep up his winning streak against Brooke. But Brooke is good, just not up to her game this week since her injury.

Anyway on the home front, my hubby and I have made up, but it is still a work in progress. Marriage counseling would not be a bad idea at this point right now, but you guys know how stubborn men are to the idea of being exposed to total strangers who poke and prod their inner being only to uncover what he didn't want to acknowledge in the first place. Why do you think they never ask for directions? But seriously, hubs is a good guy, I just can't beat myself up about his outlook on life. His mom did the best that she could with what she had. And she raised a good son.

I tried talking to him and this is as far as the conversation got:

Hubby: Why do you want to see a counselor? what if she finds something wrong?
Me: That is the whole point. A marriage counselor will point where we are going wrong and point us in the right direction. (shrug) Maybe you'll take his/hers viewpoint into consideration for once.
Hubby: Mumbles something incoherently.
Me: (I heard "tell me what to do"), but turn innocently to him and ask 'what'?!?
Hubby: I said 'She doesn't need to tell me what to do, I know what to do'. I'm not dumb ya know.
Me: (sweetly) Hon, how are you so sure that the marriage counselor will be a female?
Hubby: Well..., all the docs you see on T.V. are female...(voice trails off as he realizes what he has just said).
Me: (chuckling lightly as if amused, but really annoyed). You worry too much. There is not always going to be a female around to boss you around. ( This being said to a man who was raised by a single mom, lived with his big sis when he turned eighteen, his supervisor is a female. He also has two little girls who have him wrapped around their finger.) Your son can pick up after you when you retire and get old and decrepit and tell you what to do from the moment you turn a senior.
Hubby: (Shrugging) That's not funny. (He smiles regardless and heads to the living room for damage control with the two girls shrieking at each other and calling his name at the same time).
Me: (shouting out after him) Welcome to adulthood!

I now realize what a female dominated world my husband lives in, no wonder he gives me a hard time! Poor man, but I still insist that we go to a marriage counselor, a female marriage counselor of course. : )

No comments: