Tuesday, November 4, 2008

I voted for ...

Today did not start out like any other day.
I woke up at 5 A.M.
I watched the morning news and checked today’s weather.
I woke up the kids and cooked their breakfast.
I saw my children off to their buses and prayed that they made it safely to school.
I showered, dressed, and brushed my teeth.
I drank my morning coffee and ate one piece of toast.
I ducked the rain and started the car.
I drove to the neighborhood church and stood in line.
I talked to my neighbors who I have not seen in months.
I handed my ID to the volunteer.
I used the computer to cast my vote for the second time in my life.
I received a sticker and a smile.
Today did not start out like any other day, because today I voted for a new future.

Make your vote be heard and participate in making history today.

Happy voting everyone!

No comments: