Okay, I’ve been away for a while and I was catching up on my blogging world and reading my favorite can’t do without daily blog reads when I started reading The Essential Mr. Bill @ http://ramblingon-bill.blogspot.com and noticed that I got tagged.
Me of all people tagged! Awww shucks Bill, I feel so honored. Thanks Mr. Bill for the Honest Scrap award, and anyone reading should go visit him. He’s awesome!
The Honest Scrap award means – “leftovers, fragments, discarded material, and many times truth and honesty is discarded material, considered fragments and left over.” That being said, we need to tell it like it is, and let the scraps fall where they will.
The honorees are to: a) first list 10 honest things about yourself - and make it interesting, even if you have to dig deep! B) pass the award on to 7 bloggers that you feel embody the spirit of the Honest Scrap.
Now, this is the time for reflection. (Breaking out into a cold sweat) 10 honest things about myself huh? Do you really want to know THAT much about me? Well, here it goes:
1. I’m afraid of rejection. I believe it has everything to do with my childhood and my first divorce.
2. I live for comments and new followers on my blog. I have low self-esteem issues. And I picked the best forum to face my rejection issues; over the net.
3. I’m scared one day my husband will one day pick up and leave me. See #1.
4. I’m afraid my children will one day leave me all alone. This by the way has nothing to do with rejection I think, it’s just that I love them so much and I definitely have detachment issues for some odd reason.
5. I have a hard time trusting people and getting people to get me. I’m really not that complicated. What you see is what you get.
6. I love my mom and want to tell her that I love her but I’m afraid of her rejection. My mom and I don’t have the best of relationships, so I’m afraid to trust her with my deep and honest feelings.
7. I want to lose 50 lbs, but I’m afraid I will sabotage my diet again. I am forever looking for ways to defeat a noble cause.
8. I have cellulite on my thighs that I have lovingly named “
9. I can’t put on make-up without my 16 year old daughters’ help. I so lack in girly-girl skills it’s not even funny.
10. I wish I had a closer relationship with my immediate family. However nowadays, I find my blogging family more interesting to get to know than my real family at this time. It’s like they get me, and don’t reject me and my quirky ways.
Here are the 7 people that I nominate. I pass the Honest Scrap award to you now. If you read this post consider yourself tagged. And please know I don’t mean any harm by choosing you, I just love your honesty.