Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Are You a Yankee or a Southerner?



Let's face it. We live in a racially charged world. Race is important to all of us Americans. We embrace it, love it, hate it, or we deny it.

However; culture is another thing. We all have a basic idea of what ethnic group we belong to, but most of us define our culture as 'American'.

But rarely do we see anyone embracing the fact that they are a Yankee or a Southerner, but believe me there are some who still do. So when I came across this quiz I had to put it up so that everyone can perhaps get an idea of whether they are a Yankee or a Southerner.

Well, are you? Take the quiz to find out! You'll be surprised by the results.

10 comments:

Willy said...

Willy scored this way. - Go figure

10-4 Willy

100% Dixie. Is General Lee your grandfather?!

B said...

Apparently, I'm southern. Just barely. But southern.

*Akilah Sakai* said...

I was born in New York City.

My Results:36% Dixie. You are definitely a Yankee.

Mr. Bill said...

44% Dixie. And yet, with the country in a deep freeze right now, I'm missing the north.

I'm still a Yankee Blue-Blood. :)

BIBI said...

Thanks all of you for leaving me some love in the south.

I'm Yankee also. Can't forget my roots now can I?

Nilsa @ SoMi Speaks said...

I love this post, because I was born in St. Louis and spent my later childhood years in Boston. When I went to a state school in North Carolina for college, I was accused on many occasions of being a Yankee (and not in a good way). So, this quiz was interesting & insightful.

My score: 43% Dixie. Barely in Yankeedom.

Kylie said...

I had thie emailed to me from my sister a while ago. I was a Dixie but I can't remember my score. I will go take it again and let you know.
Thanks sooo much for the pay-it-forward award! It's my very first! I am working on the Q's! I will send them asap!! xoxo

Anonymous said...

I'm a yankee. I'm a little insulted they didnt ask about coffee milk though...

Kylie said...

I'm a Dixie, just as I expected and knew already!!
I really do believe I'm a northern-born-southern-belle. I've said so for years!!

66% Dixie.Well under the Mason-Dixon Line

BIBI said...

Willy- 10-4

Deutlich- Southern? Really? Thanks for leaving me some love! :)

Akilah- I was born in NYC also. We must be sistas! :)

Mr.Bill- Yankee? Cool. :)

Nilsa- I'm glad you liked my post. And this coming from someone as popular as you! :)

Kylie- You are very welcome. Have fun with those questions.

Cyndi- You go girl! I'm Yankee too!