Thursday, February 5, 2009

Bloggers Unite!




It’s a worthy cause to join. I’ve never done a picket line, or any demonstrations. I’ve never joined a mass demonstration of any sort, so this cause means a lot to me and I am hoping you can continue the fight. To quote Carma “we get no respect.”


So when I read the blog on Don Mills Diva site, I was flabbergasted. She is a fellow blogger who happens to be a journalist as well. However, some newspaper has decided to ‘copy’ what she has expressed on her blog without giving her, her due credit. This is outrageous, not to mention totally unacceptable.


Now I am just a regular blogger, with a small and vast amount of stories about kids, momma issues, the ‘hubby’, and current events that may or may not be interesting to the fellow blogger. But no one has the right to copy my ‘little’ stories. Even if they are only read by a handful of people. They’re mine!


So anyone who reads this blog please check out Diva and get the badge. Wear it with pride because we deserve some respect as well. Support the cause, because we bloggers have to stick together, one blog at a time.


6 comments:

annee nguyen said...

wow that is just down right rude, people should use their own brains nowadays. Going to go read her entry now hehe =)

Lilly said...

That is an amazing story. I will go and check her blog out. I hope she settles this somehow. Imitation is the best form of flattery they say - nasty though.

BIBI said...

Anne- You would think that a professional 'journalist' would be more you know "professional"?!?

BIBI said...

Hi Lilly,
Yes flattery can be, if it is done with good intentions and no one gets hurt.
I too hope that she can get this settled. It would do the blogging world some good. Until then I will wear the badge proudly to display my utmost joy at being part of something special.

Don Mills Diva said...

YAY - thanks so much for your support - I'm linking you up now!

BIBI said...

Hello Diva,
You are so welcome. I believe that we all have to stick together no matter what! Thanks to you for linking me. :)