Recently I was tagged by Sheri, and I have to post 25 facts, habits or quirks about myself. I find that I share a whole lot with this blogging audience that my family rarely sees. But ah well, it’s their fault.
It’s the final countdown…..
25. I used to eat gum off of the ground when I was a kid. I was not aware of all the diseases out there; I was just greedy to chew on something. Plus my mom wouldn’t allow me to eat gum as a kid. So I was rebellious, shot me!
24. I once hit a skunk during the summer going to work and my windows were down. I washed three times with tomato juice, lemons, and detergent and I still couldn’t get rid of the smell. Phew!
23. I kicked the doctor while he was delivering baby number 5. I also slapped the nurse and called her a drug addict whore. The doc soon left the OB-GYN practice after that.
22. I never learned to swim. Had a chance to but took my kids to learn instead. I figured if I don’t die by drowning I’ll die by some other means. I don’t like to think about death too much.
21. I once tried to lose weight nine years ago, but decided to get married instead. Talk about a stupid move. But the hubby loved me like that anyway!
20. I sometimes daydream that I am a famous actress and fans adore me worldwide. I’m multitalented winning actress who wins an Oscar, Tony and a Grammy. I’m then awoken by the sudden shrill shriek of a child who wants to be let in my room.
19. I once had the biggest crush on Ralph Macchio after seeing him in ‘Karate Kid’. I even believed that I would marry him one day. I then turned 15 and had a crush on River Phoenix instead. A woman’s heart is such a fickle thing!
18. I used to claim that my stomach hurt to get my moms attention. She was very neurotic but rarely had time for me so I used to lie to get attention. I’ve outgrown that now. I think.
17. I used to trick my other siblings into doing all kinds of dirty work for me since I was the oldest. I even threw a shoe at a window, broke it and convinced them to tell my mom that the devil did it! She didn’t believe them of course, but no one got spanked.
16. When I was 15 I believed that I would meet Prince Charming and he would sweep me off my feet and I would live happily ever after. At nineteen I married that sucker and he was no Prince Charming. He was the nightmare from
15. I had my first baby at twenty and my seventh at thirty-four. I don’t think I’ve matured all that much. I’ve just wasted a lot of time counting down the days when they’ll leave home and I then can have the house all to myself to get down and party!
14. I once found someone’s ATM card and returned it to the bank. It would have been noted as a good deed until I asked the teller “was there a reward for turning in this card?” Hey, I was broke and I wanted a happy meal!
13. I used to love Dr. Pepper until I was drinking it with friends one day and it came out of my nose while I was laughing. Everyone laughed but I was horrified. I NEVER drank that soda again.
12. I was reunited with my younger sister whom I hadn’t seen in years. She is now 23 and the last time I saw her before that was when she was 5 years old. It was a good reunion.
11. I have not seen my two younger brothers ages 27 and 29 since they were 7 and 5. We will have a family reunion this coming April. I will do the ugly cry, I just know it! (For your info, my Papa was a rolling stone!)
10. When I am thinking real hard, I unconsciously tap my foot and begin to hum anything. It really annoys the ‘hubby’ and somewhat frightens the children. They all think I’m crazy anyway.
9. My husband and I are currently on the outs with each other. We can’t agree on any disagreement and can’t agree that we disagree. Marriage counseling is an option, but I’m tired. The argument is really over religious reasons. He thinks he is God, and I disagree.
8. I used to curse in front of my children. I’ve now toned it down and have now adopted a better attitude about my verbal skills. Plus every curse was costing me a quarter and I soon had no money to keep up with my secret stash of junk food. Cussing sucks!
7. I dream one day that I will be instrumental in having a hand in world peace one day. I will start with referring my children fights and see where it goes from there.
6. I love a good action-packed movie with car chases, guns, handsome men, and cool chicks. Now if only I can convince my eyes to stay open wide enough to the very end of the movie.
5. I am a bit melodramatic when it comes to everyday life. I used to be called a ‘drama queen’ when I was little. I guess I am living up to my pet name.
4. I was never an A+ student in my elementary school days. C & Ds was my middle name. Life was much more interesting when you weren’t sitting at a desk being told to write a sentence about the princess who couldn’t find her prince. Really, who cares? I wanted to be outside catching worms and making mud pies. Of course now I’m paying for it heavily by taking courses now and becoming a professional student with no degree to show for my hard work.
3. I grew up very sheltered and not knowing my full potential. It wasn’t my parents fault. They thought that the ‘cult’ we were in was good for us. No kidding!
2. I’ve now turned my life around and have realized that I need so much more than counseling to fix my life. I need a total miracle makeover!
1. I love lox and bagels in the morning. In fact, I love all Jewish, Chinese, Italian, and Indian cuisine. It’s Mexican food that my stomach can’t handle.
There you have it! All 25 facts, goals, quirks or habits that make up the BIBI. I’m not perfect but at least I am me. Oh yeah, I did post the list starting from the number 25 to 1 because I am quirky in that way. It’s fun and I enjoy turning my world upside down.
Okay, now here is the part where I get to tag 25 unsuspecting people.
Rules: Once you've been tagged, you are supposed to write a note with 25 random things, facts, habits or goals about you. Then tag 25 people, including the person who tagged you.
Speedcat Hollydale, Chris, Lilly, Clarity, AnneNguyen, Akilah, Cyndi, Bill, hillbilly-willy, Autumn Joy, Rachel, Kylie, Dee, Deutlich, Sheri, Gren, Sara, Christine, Mom, Leon Basin, Brenda, Heather, Libby, Nilsa, Tia.
Good luck to you all, and happy tagging!