Sunday, February 22, 2009

Celebrate Heart Month


February is not only celebrating Black History month, Valentine's Day, and President's Day, but it is also National Heart month.


Lots of women put on their red dresses to celebrate this month. I don't own a red dress, but I do have a red dress pin. Two points!


Antyway, out of all the holidays celebrated this month I believe that National Heart month is a very noble cause to recognize. Especially for women everywhere.

I never knew that heart disease was so prevalent among the females until I began taking my nursing classes. The statistics is unbelievable, and heart rendering! (no pun intended)


With all the women folk in my house we have to keep a look out for our ticker because of our genes. Just for the record, we do support Woman's Heart Health. Now if only we can find the red dresses to go with the occasion.


I wonder if any of the women at the Oscars thought to wear one?

2 comments:

*Akilah Sakai* said...

Yes, most only think and worry about breast cancer, but heart disease is also at the top of the list of things women must be VERY aware of.

BIBI said...

So right Akilah. So right!