Monday, February 16, 2009

Me, Myself, and I





Okay last week I visited clever girl goes blog and I decided to play the letter game. I did this once with mom some posts ago, but I had the letter G. These kind of tags are always fun.


Tia gave me the letter 'I', which I will now dutifully play. I am suppose to list ten things about the letter 'I'. Here goes:


Ice Cream

What can I say? I love the cold stuff that can give you brain freeze when you eat it too fast. This may be why I have some poundage to lose, but ah well. Nonetheless, be it vanilla, chocolate, fudge swirl, strawberry, or rocky road (my fave), I’ll eat it. Ice cream gotta sell, big girls gotta eat. It’s a never ending cycle.


India

Love Bollywood. Have the movies ‘City of Joy’, ‘Monsoon Wedding’, and ‘A Passage to India’. Haven’t seen Gandhi in a looong time. Have yet to see ‘Slumdog Millionaire’. And I’d love to visit India one day. Perhaps I’ll see Shah Ru Khan (say that three times fast) shake his groove thing Indian style. Some say since we have Indian cuisine and Deepak Chopra, you don’t need India. I beg to differ; I like the real thing!


Igloo

When I was a little girl I once dreamed that I would runaway and be adopted by an Eskimo family and live in an Igloo. Then I grew up. I still dream that one day I’ll build an igloo with my children and that we’ll spend the night in it. A girl can still dream right?


Iris

Lovely flower. Very calm looking and pleasant to the eye. I always admired them but never had the gumption to plant any. But this year it will be different. Instead of ornamental grass and weeds in my flower beds, I’ll plant some irises along with some other flowers as well.


Iced Mocha Joe

Love the drink, and I usually have one on some mornings when I am running errands early in the morning. There is however only one fast food restaurant where I get them from who can make it my way.


iPhone

Don’t own one, wouldn’t mind having one though. Tia talks about the iPhone so much I think I just might try and get one. Perhaps I’ll learn what the Apps REALLY is.


Isis

An Egyptian Goddess of fertility, also known as a winged goddess who represented all that was visible, birth, growth, development and vigor. The ancient Egyptians saw Isis as a benevolent goddess, good and kind. Each pharaoh born was regarded as her son, and Isis loved all creatures like a mother. She was the chaste and devoted wife and as a result most highly regarded among the Egyptian gods. Not that I am into that kind of thing but she is female and the maternity feeling had to come from somewhere, right? Plus the name sounds cool.


I am Sam

Okay, shoot me, not technically an “I” word but it does start with “I” though. Loved the movie, and Sean Penn was excellent as the lead character. Dakota Fanning was great as well. This movie was such a positive reflection of those who are handicapped in our society and how they can, despite their limitations, can hold their own. They are real people, and unlike the rest of the world they are the most compassionate people I know. My aunt has Down syndrome and was born in the 60’s, back in the day when they were called Mongoloids, and they were not expected to live long. The docs in NYC said she wouldn’t live to see eight years old. My aunt is now 44 years old and physically active. She cooks, cleans, washes clothes, walks three miles every other day, and to relax she colors in her coloring books. She is obviously my favorite aunty.


Imagination

Active, very active and wild. I can convince myself that the bogeyman is in my room and I will crawl in one of my childrens bed (which by the way annoys them). Or with my imagination I can make the bogeyman go away. Either way, I’m quirky and active imaginations feed off of that kind of stuff. The only downside is when I am in the PMS mood; my imagination won’t make the annoying people go away.


“I Hate This Part”

A hit song off of the Pussycat Dolls latest CD, ‘Doll Domination’. Okay my imagination is not working for me right now and this is the only thing that I can think of. Love the song, and the Pussycat Dolls are obviously the inspiration behind my drive to losing weight. And when I do lose the weight, I will definitely get the pole. Hey, it’s for exercising people!


I hope that I gave the letter ‘I’ some justice. Okay, Tia that letter was hard, but thank goodness it wasn’t Q, X, or Z. Whew! My head hurts just thinking about the imagination one would have to have to write about either of those letters.



8 comments:

*Akilah Sakai* said...

I'll tell you one thing, BIBI ... you worked the H-E-double hockey stick out of the letter "I"!!

BIBI said...

Thanks Akilah, It was fun!

Chris said...

Wow! You did so well with the "I"!!! I can't think of a single thing that starts with an "I"!! :)

Very creative!

and illuminating
and intelligent
and imaginative

:)

Speedcat Hollydale said...

I infuse idealist ideas in interesting initiatives.

INDEED!!!

The Mind of a Mom said...

Wow "I" am Impressed! LOL
Good job, that was fun

BIBI said...

Hi Chris,
Thank you, hard but fun!

BIBI said...

Hey Speedcat,
Hahaha, You are a hoot! Thank you, thank you very much!

BIBI said...

Hello Mom,
Thank you. I'm glad that you enjoyed it.