Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Keep Walking




Mr. Perry wrote another letter to his fans again. Writing about his movie "Madea Goes to Jail" which was released last Friday, and his new show.


He always thanks his fans, and tell us of any upcoming movies or shows. That is so gracious and it shows what a humbling and grateful spirit that he does have.


Last week on 'The View', Tyler Perry told the story of how one woman approached him on the street shortly after he had opened his studio in Atlanta, GA. This came as no shock to him, as he is used to people approaching him on the street and asking for change. This woman however didn't want any change, she just requested a pair of shoes.


Mr. Perry goes on to say that he was a little shocked at the request, but he remembered the times that he was on the streets with only one pair of shoes. So he took her to the studio and gave her a pair of shoes. The lady graciously thanked Mr. Perry and said:


"Thank you Jesus, my feet are now off the ground."


The reason Tyler related this story was because he was feeling that same way about his success that he has achieved thus so far. He was knocked down, abused, homeless, and then God got his feet off the ground and gave him some shoes to fill and walk on the road less traveled. A road to recovery that millions of us are trying to reach but stumble upon and lose our way. Some of us have family to pick us up and give us a good swift kick in the glutes to keep walking. Others have the will and tenacity to keep going all on our own. That gumption to keep walking takes a lot of strength and willpower, whatever your circumstance.


I would like now to take the opportunity to share this letter with you all:


Number one again! WOW! I’m too full to write. All I can say is THANK YOU! I couldn’t let this day go by without saying thank you. What I know for sure is that you all are with me, and that makes me feel good. When I think about how close I came to giving up, that makes me feel good. When I think about all the hell I went through to get here, that makes me feel good. When I think about all the people who told me I wasn’t going to be anything, that makes me feel good. To know that you all are standing shoulder to shoulder with me--God, that makes me feel good. There is a simple scripture in the Bible that I think about often, and it says when you have favor with God then you have favor with man. So thank you for being a part of my favor. I hope somebody is paying attention to this. Not the number one movie, not the TV shows, not the studio, but simply paying attention to the fact that all things are possible to them that will believe. No matter what is going on in your life. No matter what you’re faced with. ONLY BELIEVE! Believe for the best outcome and that’s what you will receive. Tyler Perry


I am grateful to have been given my shoes from my Grandmother. She is my inspiration to keep walking.

How about you? Anyone you want to thank for getting you up and walking?

8 comments:

Charles Gramlich said...

It's good to hear of a success story. There aren't as many as I'd like. I was given a symbolic shoe by many folks.

Tina said...

My children are my shoes. They are what keep my going every single day of my life.

Lucy said...

My mom are my shoes. She has always listened to me, guided me, had faith in me but most importantly she knows when to let me whine and then when it's time to say whining time is over move on Lucy.

BIBI said...

Good for you Charles! And you are truly a success story in your own right. :)

BIBI said...

I agree with you on that one Tina. My children keep me going in the hard times and in the easy times as well. They are truly my inspiration to keep on walking!

BIBI said...

Hi Lucy!
Wow, your mom sounds like a remarkable woman, and someone who tells the truth no matter how hard it is. Down to earth. I like that! :)

*Akilah Sakai* said...

Like Lucy, I'd say my mom as well.

She's hit many bumps in the road, whether health or a bastard of a husband, but she kept it together and always tried so hard to make life grand. She's the kind of mother you can sit down and open up to without fear of being judged. She's "da bomb" as the young crowd would say (is that word still cool?)

BIBI said...

Akilah, your mom sounds like a wonderful woman. You must take after her. You have the same kind spirit1
:)