Saturday, February 21, 2009

Wanna Bet?!?


Those of you who are ready for the 81st annual Academy Awards being shown on ABC know that it is on tomorrow night. As well as the Barbara Walters Special before the big show. Love watching Barbara, and will of course watch that as well. Of course I have my favorites among the actors, actresses and directors, and I am betting that the following will win:


BEST PICTURE: Slumdog Millionaire
I heard so many good reviews about this movie and I am looking forward to seeing it this weekend. I sure hope it wins.



LEAD ACTOR: Mickey Rourke, "The Wrestler"
Haven't seen the movie but I love Mickey and the idea of the comeback kid making it big in Hollywood after so many years on hiatus is a true tearjerker.


LEAD ACTRESS: Kate Winslet, "The Reader"
The whole idea of a woman getting her groove on with a young man is pretty creepy, but it is art imitating life. Unless the young man is a minor. But I do believe this is Kate's' year to win!


SUPPORTING ACTOR: Heath Ledger, "The Dark Knight"
Even though my heart was leaning toward Robert Downey Jr. for "Tropic Thunder", I am rooting for Heath. Love Aussie men, and he deserves it. Any arguments?


SUPPORTING ACTRESS: Viola Davis, "Doubt"
I saw Viola Davis' performance in "Doubt" and was floored. She is truly remarkable in her role, and has come a long way. Go Viola!


BEST DIRECTOR: Danny Boyle, "Slumdog Millionaire"
My first choice for best director this year was originally Ron Howard for "Frost/Nixon" as I love 'ole Opie. But this is Danny Boyle first directional debut and sometimes those who first direct a big blockbuster do win. However; and I may be contradicting myself when I say this, I really think Ron Howard will win the award. But I am sticking with Danny Boyle.


So there you all have it! These are my predictions, and I am sticking with them. Anyone in for a bet? Can't bet money, but I can bet you I'll do a comment of each and every post on your blog for one whole month!


Are you in?

8 comments:

Christine said...

oh forgot about the Barbara Walter's show, will try to catch it.

BIBI said...

:-D I know what you mean!

Kylie said...

I love your bet at the end! Very cute!! Unfortunately, I will have to read what happens online Monday morning...there's a RACE on!!! You know me and my Tony!! ;)

Carma Sez said...

Almost forgot tonight's the night. Not sure if I'll watch since I don't feel like sitting on my butt for 5 hours. Like to see who's wearing what though. Once I turn it on I can't turn it off :-( Your picks look right on!
P.S. Love the new pic!
carma

Nilsa @ SoMi Speaks said...

I think the only movies I saw in the movie theater in 2009 were Wall*E and Mama Mia (in a drive-in). I'm not sure I'm equipped to be making predictions of any kind. =)

BIBI said...

Yes indeed. I'll switch channels to to be checking back and forth myself! :)

BIBI said...

Thanks Carma! I forgot that it IS five hours long! :}

BIBI said...

Hey Nilsa I'm not either, but I just like to see if I can guess correctly. To bad that I can't bet money! :-D